Driver Installation Manual
Download and unpack the drivers for your OS from the FTDI website https://ftdichip.com/drivers/d2xx-drivers/ and follow the installation steps (these assume you have copied the distribution’s D2XX folder to the desktop):
1. Open a Terminal window (Finder->Go->Utilities->Terminal).
2. If the /usr/local/lib directory does not exist, create it:
sudo mkdir /usr/local/lib
3. if the /usr/local/include directory does not exist, create it:
sudo mkdir /usr/local/include
4. Copy the dylib file to /usr/local/lib:
sudo cp Desktop/D2XX/libftd2xx.1.4.16.dylib /usr/local/lib/libftd2xx.1.4.16.dylib
5. Make a symbolic link:
sudo ln -sf /usr/local/lib/libftd2xx.1.4.16.dylib /usr/local/lib/libftd2xx.dylib
6. Copy the D2XX include file:
sudo cp Desktop/D2XX/ftd2xx.h /usr/local/include/ftd2xx.h
7. Copy the WinTypes include file:
sudo cp Desktop/D2XX/WinTypes.h /usr/local/include/WinTypes.h
8. You have now successfully installed the D2XX library.
You may also check the FTDI drivers installation video tutorial.
NOTE: With Mac OS 10.9 (Mavericks) and later, Apple has built their own version of the FTDI VCP driver into the operating system (AN134) and no additional installation is necessary.