DL533R XL is an RFID Smart Card PC/SC Reader Writer with fully integrated NXP PR533 – NFC Solution Chip Transceiver Module for contactless communication on 13.56 MHz.
The DL533R XL belongs to the group of Digital Logic advanced RFID card readers. It is a PC / SC smart card reader with a fully integrated NXP PR533 – NFC transceiver chip module for contactless communication at 13.56 MHz.
DL533R XL OEM device is a large-sized OEM version of the DL533R Reader Series.
Due to the large built-in RF antenna, the range of its reading range has been expanded. Accordingly, the device can read RFID cards at a distance of up to 180 mm (7.99 “).
The DL533R XL Reader runs on dedicated ROM firmware in an integrated microcontroller. Firmware handled many RF protocols through high-speed USB 2.0 host interface, including the CCID (chip card interface device) protocol.
The device, as a common part of the integration of computers and peripherals, completes its purpose in Electronic Identity (eID) applications, network payment / Internet security, authentication systems, vending machines, e-kiosk, and many others.
Docs & Software Download
DL533R support the following RF modes:
- PCD mode for FeliCa (212 kbps and 424 kbps)
- ISO/IEC14443 Type A and B (from 106 kbps to 848 kbps)
- MIFARE® (106 kbps), ISO14443-B type cards (106 kbps)
- picoPass tag (106 kbps)
- Innovision Jewel cards (106 kbps)
The Initiator passive mode (from 106 kbps to 424 kbps) can be supported through the PC/SC transparent mode.
- MIFARE Classic® family
- MIFARE Ultralight® an Ultralight® C
- NTAG family
- MIFARE DESFire® cards
- MIFARE Plus®
- Other contactless cards which comply to ISO14443-4 standard
According to the manufacturer’s specification, PR533 offers commands for applications to be compliant with “EMV Contactless Communication Protocol Specification V2.0.1”.
It also supports RF protocols ISO/IEC 14443A and B such as compliancy with Smart eID standard can be achieved at the application level.
Support of USB 2.0 full speed, interoperable with USB 3.0 hubs.
When used in PCD mode, it is compliant with EMV contactless specification V2.0.1.
Supported operating systems
Supported operating systems
RFID smart card PC / SC Reader is compliant with many operating systems.
- Microsoft Windows 2000 or higher, including Windows 10, both 32 and 64-bit versions.
On newer Windows systems, the device is detected as a PC/SC reader by the WUDF driver. No additional driver installation is required.
The device connects the PCSC-Lite driver on the following OSes:
- GNU / Linux ( libusb 1.0.x and later)
- macOS X
RFID smart card PC/SC reader features and benefits
- USB 2.0 full speed host interface and CCID protocol support
- PC/SC (Personal Computer/Smart Card) compliant
- Integrated microcontroller implements high-level RF protocols
- Supports ISO/IEC 14443A Reader/Writer mode up to 848 kbit/s
- Supports ISO/IEC 14443B Reader/Writer mode up to 848 kbit/s
- Supports contactless communication according to the FeliCa protocol at 212 kbit/s and 424 kbit/s
- Integrated support for MIFARE® reader
- Supports MIFARE® encryption CRYPTO1®
- Complies with German eID, ICAO, and EMVCo 2.1
- Supports PCSC part 3 release 2.01.07
- The read-range in the Read/Write communication mode is up to 180 mm (depending on antenna size and tuning) for ISO/IEC 14443A/MIFARE®, ISO/IEC 14443B, or FeliCa cards
- Automatic LED management with two LEDs (green and red)
- Comes as a large-sized OEM Reader (DL533R XL)
- The SDK includes a C source code demo of basic features and device FW commands for implementation with Windows Smart Card library (“Winscards”).
DL533R XL RFID Reader hardware features
|Operating frequency||13.56 MHz|
|Read range||Operating distance is 0-180mm (0”-7.09”), depending on the antenna geometry and reader configuration|
|Read/Write speed||212 kbit/s, 424 kbit/s , 848 kbit/s|
|Supply current||150-300 mA (operating)|
|Supported cards and tags||MIFARE® family: MIFARE Mini®, MIFARE Classic® (1K, 4K, EV1), MIFARE Ultralight®, MIFARE Ultralight C®, MIFARE PLUS® (2K, 4K), MIFARE DESFire® (Light, 2K, 4K, 8K, EV1, EV2)|
NTAG® family: NXP NTAG® 2xx Type 2 (210, 213, 215, 216 Tag Tamper), NXP NTAG® 4xx DNA Type 4 (413, 424)
FeliCa, Smart eID, ICAO, EMVCo 2.1, picoPass, Jewel/Topaz, etc.
|Connection and power supply||USB port, RS232, UART (TTL)|
|Supported Operating Systems||Microsoft® Windows™, Linux®, macOS, Android|
|Smart Card Interface||ISO14443 Type A & B|
|Related equipment||USB cable|
|Accessories||Cards, key-fobs, labels, wristbands, tags|
Size & Weight
|Model||Dimensions (mm)||Device||Commercial Set|
|DL533R XL||178 x 178 x 5||104 g||156 g|