The DL533N XL OEM is a large-size NFC RFID smart card reader/writer that supports projects based on the libNFC library. This device enables both reading and writing of NFC RFID cards/tags.
Furthermore, it also supports NFC P2P communication.
The DL533N XL OEM is developed based on the NXP PN533 chip. Therefore, it follows the recommendations and guidelines of the manufacturer of this chip. Since the NXP PN533 supports a whole range of NFC forum specifications and standards, the DL533N reader also inherits these same features.
Due to the large built-in RF antenna, the range of its reading range has been expanded. Accordingly, the device can read NFC RFID smart cards at a distance of up to 180 mm (7.99″).
The reader/writer is fully adapted to work with software based on the open-source library LibNFC. It is therefore a good starting point for cross-platform libNFC application development projects.
Finally, an explanation of the LibNFC library implementation is available in the LibNFC community and related forums. In addition, there are various open-source software publicly available.
Certainly, LibNFC is an open-source project with a large community that is constantly evolving.
In addition to this extra-large device, Digital Logic also offers a small USB stick reader, as well as a CS reader that has the size of a smart card. The DL533N CS reader is available in standard housing and a specially designed IP54 housing, resistant to dust and water splashes.
Docs & Software Download
DL533N NFC RFID READER WRITER COMMON IMPLEMENTATION
- Read NFC RFID -Tags: Reads the content of the NFC RFID tags (most of MIFARE® cards, FeliCa, Topaz, etc)
- Write NFC RFID -Tags: Writes various data content onto the NFC RFID tags (URLs, SMS, Phone No, vCards, MIME types, etc).
- Card emulation: Emulates NFC tags Type 2 and Type 4, readable by other NFC-devices.
- P2P communication: Active NFC-based P2P communication for data transfer between NFC supported devices.
As plenty of open-source projects are already available in the NFC community, this NFC RFID Reader Writer comes with no binary drivers.
It is enough to use LibUSB and LibNFC to compile Drivers for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. Further, the compiled drivers enable the LibNFC C API exploration and custom software project development.
Additionally, the Windows system already includes official NXP Drivers. That makes the PN533-based product’s implementation quicker on this platform.
NOTICE: The device does not support the µFR Series Software SDK.
- ISO/IEC 14443A/MIFARE®
- ISO/IEC 14443B.
- MIFARE Classic® 1 KB or MIFARE Classic® 4 KB emulation encryption in RFID Reader Writer mode, and MIFARE® higher transfer speed communication at 212 kbit/s, 424 kbit/s, and 828 kbit/s
- FeliCa protocol contactless communication at 212 kbit/s, 424 kbit/s, and 828 kbit/s
- NFC P2P communication
- Large community (LibNFC) support
- Reader dimensions (178 x 178 x 5 mm), convenient for demanding systems integration
- Available without the IP54 enclosure (OEM)
- Beeper and LEDs are available on request
DL533N CS hardware features
|Operating frequency||13.56 MHz|
|Read range||Operating distance is 0-180mm (0”-7.09”), depending on the antenna geometry and reader configuration|
|Read/Write speed||212 kbit/s, 424 kbit/s , 848 kbit/s|
|Supply current||150-300 mA (operating)|
|Supported cards and tags||MIFARE® family: MIFARE Mini®, MIFARE Classic® (1K, 4K, EV1), MIFARE Ultralight®, MIFARE Ultralight C®, MIFARE PLUS® (2K, 4K), MIFARE DESFire® (Light, 2K, 4K, 8K, EV1, EV2) |
NTAG® family: NXP NTAG® 2xx Type 2 (210, 213, 215, 216 Tag Tamper), NXP NTAG® 4xx DNA Type 4 (413, 424)
FeliCa, Smart eID, ICAO, EMVCo 2.1, picoPass, Jewel/Topaz, etc.
|Connection and power supply||USB port, RS232, UART (TTL)|
|Supported Operating Systems||Microsoft® Windows™, Linux®, macOS, Android|
|Smart Card Interface||ISO14443 Type A & B|
|Related equipment||USB cable|
|Accessories||Cards, key-fobs, labels, wristbands, tags|
Size & Weight
|Model||Dimensions (mm)||Device||Commercial Set|
|DL533N XL||178 x 178 x 5||104 g||156 g|